Love, Iris: Ultimate Running Tips with Amiclubwear

SLIDER


10/22/18

Ultimate Running Tips with Amiclubwear

running, how to run, tips and tricks for running, going to run, first time runners, running tips, ultimate list for runners, amiclubwear, reebok,




When I started running I had no idea what I was doing, besides my friends telling me tricks, but once you start you will never want to end running. Sometimes I wish I knew ahead of time of what I needed to do and now it's great and I can be like WOW! i remember this now. Either way, if you are just starting running the first time, you already run, or coming back, it's best to get into some awesome habits and here's my tips and tricks! Also, if you haven't heard of AMIclubwear, they have the cutest running shoes and cutest clothing. I'm wearing some of their clothing, but check them out for more cute clothes for cheap prices!


running, how to run, tips and tricks for running, going to run, first time runners, running tips, ultimate list for runners, amiclubwear, reebok,

Shoes: C/o Amiclubwear | Shorts and Top: Reebok

My Ultimate Tips for Running

1) Choose the right pair of shoes. Depending on what you want and how much you want to pay you can buy really expensive pairs that you get at a specialty store, or you can go to stores like Reebok, Nike, Sketchers and more. I go to Reebok or Sketchers, they have better deals available. 

2) Sizing up is essentials. I didn't know about this and now I'm an active listener to this. Just go a half size up than your normal sizing.

3) Rotating your shoes. If you can't get another pair, just use your same ones till you need new ones, but if you can afford another pair of running shoes then you can wear two different ones for walking and running. Don't wear your shoes for walking for running. 
4) Dress warmer than normal. Sometimes if you dress like its summer all the time then on some days you might end up wishing you had some legging or something. I usually wear a jacket that has fleece inside. If it's 60 degree's I'll wear my shorts, fleece jacket, tank, and sports bra. Plus if you get warm you can take off your jacket and wrap it around your waste. 
5)Breathable clothing. Always get clothes that suit your body. If you can only wear cotton then you might just need cotton clothing. I wear just polyester or something that won't soak up all your sweat. 
6) When you train, you can run/walk technique. When I started, I thought you had to run the whole 30 mins and no walking, but I found out that you can. Depends on who you are with, but if they always pressure you to run the whole time, then maybe find someone else that is more encouraging. You can run and walk, if you get tired (listen to your body all the time) and you can walk. If you get a cramp, walk!


running, how to run, tips and tricks for running, going to run, first time runners, running tips, ultimate list for runners, amiclubwear, reebok,


7) Stretch before your run. I stretch every time I go to the treadmill or outside. I'll just do a couple stretched of my arms and legs. It helps me for prepping my heart too. 
8) Walk before you run Pre Workout. If you are like me and need a pre-workout, then I would suggest doing a 5 min walk on a treadmill or up a hill outside. If you are starting from no high movements throughout the day I would suggest just walking before to make your heart get ready for that run.
9) Start slow and then speed up a little. On the treadmill when I start, I'll go from 5.5 for 5 mins then go up to 5.7 then 6.0 and just keep increasing it. If you want to push your self to try going faster every 5 mins, but if you have a comfortable speed then go for that speed. 



10) Keep a log of your training. I use the app STRAVA. It's perfect for keeping up with all your runs and also it tracks if you do the same place to see if you went faster or slower. Plus you can do challenges too and do runs with friends.
11) Build up your runs. When you start you do not want to just go super fast. When I started, I did 10 mins, then 20 mins then 30 and up. So always try to go up by 10 mins when you are comfortable with the run.
12) Always, Set a goal. For running and your brain, you need to set goals all the time. It's sometimes hard to just go running for the fun of it. If you're looking for a decrease in your body weight, then shoot for that. Set one goal at a time, because sometimes we never end up doing the goals every day.
13) Don't worry about your pace. Your pace does not define who you are and runs shouldn't either. Don't worry if people are faster than you, usually those people that are faster have been doing it for a long time. Just remember to say HEY! I'm working out and getting my body to look amazing for myself.
14) Do not clench your body and hands. Running takes a lot on your body and if you clench all of your body, then your run will end up ruined and not finished. I would suggest just shaking out your arms, pull your shoulders while you run or even tapping your legs.
running, how to run, tips and tricks for running, going to run, first time runners, running tips, ultimate list for runners, amiclubwear, reebok,

running, how to run, tips and tricks for running, going to run, first time runners, running tips, ultimate list for runners, amiclubwear, reebok,


15) Work on running with your legs longer not faster. If you run with longer strides, then it'll be a great way to increase your power. This isn't for going fast or anything, but it will help you get longer strides and those miles will go faster than just tiny strides. 
16) Take time off. Your body needs to rest and the best way is to take 1 or 2 days off, or if you can do 3 days straight then two days off. Whatever your body is feeling, just do what you feel like you need to do. 
17) Hydration. When you do a run, remember to drink but not over drink water. Before my run, I will take a sip and carry a water bottle with me so I can at least have some water if I need it. Then after your run, you can drench yourself into so much water.
18) Run against traffic. Don't forget to run on the side of the road facing the traffic so you can see the oncoming drivers and they can see you. Always make sure where all the cars are and be careful of texters and drunk people.
19) Don’t run with headphones outside. This is another safety note because you won't hear if a car is close by you. You need to really pay attention to everything when you are outside.
20) Vary your routine. When I'm outside I try to do different routes, like some days I'll run down a huge hill, then other days I'll just run on flat or I'll just do hills for 30 mins. I try to go to different places or else you will get bored and it won't be fun anymore.
running, how to run, tips and tricks for running, going to run, first time runners, running tips, ultimate list for runners, amiclubwear, reebok,


I hope you enjoyed my post about running. Running can be hard and sometimes you end up not doing it because it's too hard. I would just suggest going your speed and speed up when you are ready.

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design