Love, Iris: My 2016 Style Resolution featuring ThredUP & How I styled items from ThredUP

SLIDER


1/4/16

My 2016 Style Resolution featuring ThredUP & How I styled items from ThredUP

When it turned 9 pm on New Year’s Eve, I was reading a email from a friend from ThredUP that asked me, "what’s your new year’s resolution?"  I had no idea and was blank. I really wasn't thinking about it until I got asked. Then immediately I was like, OMG I totally need to get a a resolution for next year. I usually have one but before I haven't really been thinking about it; plus finals were 2 weeks ago, so I wanted to relax from thinking about anything. Why did I not have one at that moment or the next year? Was I giving up on resolutions? 

Then I go in my head and think, I'm really content on where I am now, but i do have some things I really want to do. Not bad for anyone to have an exact resolution when they are asked. Obviously some new year resolutions are like: eat more healthier, go to the gym more often, get more toned, etc. I'm more happy, besides the fact I wanna be super toned, but that takes time and being in college it's a little harder to be in shape since studying is kind of a rut in that. But when I heard about ThredUP, I was so excited to try it out when they contacted me. If you aren't familiar with ThredUP; it's a online consignment boutique . You can go on ThredUp and browse thousands of like-new clothing items; which have been hand selected and certified for the quality.
I got 7 items from ThredUp and I'm so excited to show you down below! :)
Don't forget to follow for more outfits on my instagram (@loveirisblog)
Don't forget to check out how I styled these items below!
...
Here's one of the dresses I just loved from that site. It's from Jessica Simpson originally $74 but I got a steal on this beauty on thredup which was $18.49! 
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style Jessica Simpson Dress
A few style resolutions for this year:



1. Don’t be afraid. Don't you just hate the internet sometime's? Like if your wearing something totally different then someone would; then they go and say how horrible you look or whater right? So sometimes we just talk our selves out of trying new ideas or something that would be awesome fo ryou; but when you hear about "Oh is that what she is wearing, she is so ugly in that top or pants etc". Which is annoying and no one wants to face negativity. So this year I want try to not be afraid to try a new idea or a new style and if someone doesn't love it; who cares! (only with a good reason, you know that the outfit is a bad idea; just don't wear it. Your gut will say so)!!

2. Style it up more. Sometime's I like to be comfy and sometimes I like to get dressed up; but sometimes it's just a pain to get dressed up all the time. So I want to try to style so many different outfit's and post them on my instagram and try to even get dolled up everyday for class if I can. That is one goal I want to attain is to get more outfits when I'm going somewhere instead of just wearing jeans and casual all the time. Sometimes whenever I got dressed up for a test I did better for some odd reason!

3. Be bolder. This year I want to be way more colorful and playful and maybe some more patterns in my step. I know lots of people do it' but who really cares if you want to try an older style that was really bold or even a new style this year! I want to play around and make a bold statement when strutting down the sidewalk or hallway! You don't need to think as it's a crazy way but just bold!

4. Invest in something. Sometimes you need to spend some money on good qualties. Instead of always going for a cheap outfit. I love finding the bestedst deals for me to go shopping, but sometimes when you get cheap clothing you usually don't have it last forever. So I thought why not get some nice ones; I'm not saying spend $1000 on one thing, but maybe a nice coat that's $200 (which I did buy at nordstroms and it's the best coat I have now). So be frugal but be aware of better purchases that will last longer.

5. Wear more accessories. I have tons of jewelry but I just use a tiny bit like one statement necklace, a watch or something, I'm always on the go and sometimes forget to accessories in the summer. I'm really good with scarves for winter (i own way too many though...). So this year I want to get more jewelry out and have fun with all I can do and get some ring's since I own a couple and never wear them!

How I styled ThredUp Clothing:
Jessica Simpson Dress (orginally $74) $18.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style Jessica Simpson Dress
Outfit Details:
 Dress  // Necklace // 
...
Xscape Cocktail Dress (orginally $170) $36.99 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style a pretty red dress
Outfit Details:
Dress // Necklace (similar // similar// 
...
Victoria Secret Top (orginally $24) $8.49 on thredUP
American Eagle Shorts (orginally $40) $11.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style a pink top and short shorts
Outfit Details:
Top ℅ // Shorts ℅ // Necklace  (similar // similar) // 
...
Victoria Secret Top (orginally $24) $8.49 on thredUP
American Eagle Shorts (orginally $40) $11.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style a pink top and short shorts and a jean jacket
Outfit Details:
Top ℅ // Shorts ℅ // Necklace  (similar // similar) // Jean Jacket  (similar // similar//
...
Levi Ombre Jean Jacket (orginally $119) $30.49 on thredUP
American Eagle Bermuda Shorts (orginally $40) $11.49 on thredUP
Victoria Secret Top (orginally $24) $8.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style Denim on Denim
Outfit Details:
 Top  ℅ // Jacket //  Bermuda Shorts // 
...
Jessica Simpson Dress (orginally $74) $18.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style Black Dress for Winter
Outfit Details:
Dress  // Jacket  //  Scarf //
...
Forever 21 Crop Top (orginally $18) $5.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style a Black Crop Top and a sweater skirt
Outfit Details:
Top ℅  // Necklace  (similar // similar) //   Skirt //
...
Forever 21 Crop Top (orginally $18) $5.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style a Black Crop Top and a sweater skirt
Outfit Details:
Top ℅  // Necklace  (similar // similar) //   Skirt //  Jacket  // 
...
Forever 21 Crop Top (orginally $18) $5.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style a Black Crop Top and a burgundy skirt
Outfit Details:
Top   // Skirt  // Scarf //  
...
Forever 21 Crop Top (orginally $18) $5.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style a Black Crop Top and a burgundy skirt for winter wear
Outfit Details:
Top   // Skirt  // Scarf // Jacket  //  
...
Victoria Secret Top (orginally $24) $8.49 on thredUP
American Eagle Shorts (orginally $40) $11.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style a summer outfit with a pink loose top, scarf and short shorts
Outfit Details:
Top ℅ // Shorts ℅ // Scarf  (similar // similar) // Jean Jacket  (similar // similar//
...
Victoria Secret Top (orginally $24) $8.49 on thredUP
American Eagle Shorts (orginally $40) $11.49 on thredUP
Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | How to Style a summer outfit with a pink loose top, scarf and short shorts and a jean jacket
Outfit Details:
Top ℅ // Shorts ℅ // Scarf  (similar // similar) // Jean Jacket  (similar // similar//
...
What about you? Do you have any style resolutions coming to mind?

2 comments:

  1. Great outfits! Great style resolutions too!

    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about ThredUp but was never quite sure about them. The items you have look like they are in great condition though!

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design