Love, Iris: How To Make a Monster Rehab Energy Tea Cake

SLIDER


4/30/18

How To Make a Monster Rehab Energy Tea Cake

army, beer can cake, can cake, can cake idea, energy drink ideas, monster cake idea, monster energy drinks, monster rehab energy tea, welcome home, welcome home gift,


This is an easy and fun gift to make for anyone. Today I'm making a welcome home Monster Rehab Energy Tea. My boyfriend went on a humanitarian mission with the army and I thought why not make him something awesome. I made him this and a hanger photo idea which I'll make another time and show you. We both love Monster energy tea drinks since its only 10 calories and it's a great drink if you are in need of energy. He's obsessed with these so I had to go buy them. I saw a beer can cake in the store and thought why not do it with energy drinks and then we can have a whole month of drinks. I thought this would be a great idea to create.

army, beer can cake, can cake, can cake idea, energy drink ideas, monster cake idea, monster energy drinks, monster rehab energy tea, welcome home, welcome home gift,

The first steps you need to do is get your drinks. I went anywhere that I could find them for cheap. I found them for buy 3 for 5 bucks or you can buy them by the cans too. I got 30 of the peach, raspberry and fruit punch teas. Make sure your bottles are all even so the height isn't awkward when putting them in a cake type look.
I decided to do three layers. The bottom layer is 16 cans, then the middle layer was 8 cans, then the top was 6 cans.

I cut up cardboard boxes in 12" cake boards then used wrapping paper to make it look pretty to make the layers. I also got ribbons, styrofoam, wrapping paper, confetti, and decorative items to put around.
Before I went to get him from the airport, I set this up and then went and got him and brought him back. So I didn't do it way later when he got home.

How to make a Monster REhab Cake

1) First is the first cake board boards.

2) Then I arranged 16 cans around the circle layer.
army, beer can cake, can cake, can cake idea, energy drink ideas, monster cake idea, monster energy drinks, monster rehab energy tea, welcome home, welcome home gift,
3) To make it sturdy base I made sure 16 was great and it did the trick.
4) Next the 2nd circle on top of the cans.

5) Then add the next cans.
6) I used 8 cans and it worked out perfectly for stability purposes. I think if I had more like 35 cans then this would all work, but I couldn't find any more cans of what I wanted.
7) Now the final board on top.
army, beer can cake, can cake, can cake idea, energy drink ideas, monster cake idea, monster energy drinks, monster rehab energy tea, welcome home, welcome home gift,

8) Then I topped it with the last 6 cans. If everything went wrong, then I would suggest just hot gluing the cans to the board.
Then I wrapped each layer of cans with ribbon and decorative items. I got styrofoam and put it in the middle of the top layer and got some bamboo sticks and taped the welcome home sign to it. 

And then, I added confetti all over the table to be funny and obnoxious. 
When he got home he was so so excited about this project I made for him. I think this made his welcome home way more exciting than just coming to nothing. I think the most consuming part of all this was carrying all these cans from the store to the house. They are pretty heavy and had to get multiple bags to carry them. The lady that was helping me at the register was like Woah this is crazy and I'm like its a project, I'm not going to drink all these today haha. 

army, beer can cake, can cake, can cake idea, energy drink ideas, monster cake idea, monster energy drinks, monster rehab energy tea, welcome home, welcome home gift,



Anyways, I hope you enjoy this idea of a can cake, you can use whatever drinks you love to drink. You could do it with any type of alcohol bottles if they are evenly shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design