...Ladies! You know how its so hard to find the perfect sweater that is hot in fashion and still cozy right?! Well, I'm about to tell you some of my hints that are just pretty amazing to figure out how to choose. Like seriously, the other night my guy friend was like what are you taking about you got her a sweater? and I was like no, I bought her the perfect sweater. Obviously my guy friends think, "A grampa sweater or a ugly sweater", no that's not what I was talking about, it's like come on i'm not going to buy a girlfriend a sweater that's ugly. Any who, I usually find the cutest ones, yes there are some sweaters that are not very cute, but if you keep searching you will find them like these two I found at Stella B Clothing and Pink Blush. You can wear them over the shoulder or just regular. I would suggest going a size down or two with the Stella-B sweater it's pretty big only if you want it to be big then thats totally alright too. When I get these types of sweaters, it does have holes in it; so I usually will put a white tank top or a black tank top underneath it.
Tips on how I style any chunky sweater I own:
1) Always and forever wear a chunky scarf or a blanket scarf, no matter what scarf you have always go with a big chunky scarf. It will give the sweater a more sweet and cute look to the whole outfit.
2) Get a cute jacket like this one when your out and about or even walking to class then you will feel cozy and when you take it off everyone will be, "OMG, I didn't know she had this adorable outfit under that jacket".
3) Hat or Accessories is a must, even if you wear a scarf, but a long necklace that everyone can see or put a big ring on your hand and some bracelets and your are good to go. When it comes to the hat make sure if matches well, like how I did it with the blanket scarf got the same color and it came out perfect.
4) Destroyed Denim All The Way! When I wear a chunky sweater I always go to my go to pair of destroyed denim or a dark/medium jean. Destroyed denim with a chunky sweater just gives it that edge of a I want to be girly but still want to look tough type of look. If that even makes sense.
5) A perfect pair of boots, not saying you need to go splurge on the boots I have, but these stuart wietzman boots in the first photo are ideal for this situation. I always love over the knee boots with anything, but with chunky sweaters it's perfect, all you gotta do is get your super skin tight skinny jean then put on those high thigh
Hope you enjoy this piece leave a comment below of your idea of the perfect sweater and how you enjoy wearing it!
Linking up with #FundayMonday, watch out for the woestmans, Monday Mingle , Creative Mondays , Two Birds , What I Wore , Walking in Memphis , Morning Gossip , Style Sessions , Monday Bloom , The modest mom blog, Monday Mingling, Monday Madness , The Style Record, Visible Monday , More pieces of me On the daily express . CC McAfee , Basic Training I would So Rock This all about you Cha Cha Fashions